Search This Blog

Friday, July 30, 2010

A brief introduction about myself

A dreamer, an achiever, a rebel, an unconventional force to reckon with, a social creature, intelligent, smart, emotional, eccentric, diplomatic-- there are lots of words to describe me. But in Ayn Rand’s words - “I am only myself”. Definitely narcissism is one of my attributes. And a major one.

Having studied mathematics in my graduation I appreciate and respect “rationality” and “logic”. Having observed people around me I have deep respect for “intuition” and “creativity”. An MBA (Ok a PGDM!) in marketing and finance, I appreciate human feelings/emotions and its implication on both the subjects I majored in; and in other more important facets of life.

My interests majorly lie in number theory, consumer behavior, brand management, advertising, social media marketing, macro-economics, linear programming, numerical analysis, data interpretation, derivatives, money markets, to name a few.

Currently working in the Business Intelligence and Information Management Practice of Wipro Technologies (As a Pre-Sales Consultant) just makes my belief in “information is power, as long as properly used” motto stronger. It has also lately developed my interest in Analytics.

My hobbies include crypt-analysis, graphology, debating, dancing, sketching, socializing, reading, bartending (for self and friends). I can proudly confess to my weakness for alcohol and liquor worth their value. And to add to it some good music is always welcome. I enjoy Rock, hip-hop, R&B, trance, Sufi, Hindi/Pakistani rock amongst many other genres.

Well!! Why am I penning down all this?? And that too here, in my first blog-entry!! Because, I have realized I want to start writing, again. After almost 6 years. And I thought I would like to share random thoughts which keep coming to my mind(actually with a frequency which sometimes scares me) with my friends. I am sure many of them are going to shape out the future of the world, some of them though will be just for entertainment, and some might just make you think about the world, about yourself.

So I started with penning down few things about myself, things which interest me, which can give you an idea about what all topics you may expect to pop up in my blog in the future.. Will try to update my blog at-least once a week, to start with.

Please feel free to comment. Praises and Criticism are both welcome . And in case you like it, ask for more. Remind me to push my limits. I know I can do it.

Cheers
Aditya Vikram Tripathy

1 comment:

  1. Yaiyyeee.... Bhai.. welcome to the virtual madness!!!! :)Looking forward to ur next post!!!!
    ( well coz all this dt you jotted down here, I already know! ;P Hehe!)

    ReplyDelete